perjantai 21. maaliskuuta 2014

Home is wherever I'm with you

So now I'm finally home. Been already almost five days. My journey home wasn't entirely without problems when I didn't have my registration papers in original with me, but I don't even want to think about those hours of horror anymore. Luckily I was travelling during the biggest hindu festival Holy, so they didn't want to disappoint people on that day...

I'm sitting here at home, drinking (a big) cup of chai and listening to Indian music from Aashiqui 2 and Chennai Express...Tried to prepare some nice Indian food a couple of times but it doesn't taste at all like the delicious meals Amma used to prepare for me...and my family can't even eat my food since I still don't know how much to use of my half kilo of chili powder purchased at the Mysore market...Guess I just have to practice.

It is winter here. One day before I flew home my mum told me that the winter came again...She asked me if it okay for me? haha :D It is snowy and cold and fresh. But it is also bright outside. The spring is coming! The light is so different from India. It is a cold and very bright light when in India it is a warm and hot light.

Sunny or cloudy, warm or cold, snow or not snow, India or Finland. It doesn't matter where you are or what the climate or the surroundings are like if you just have the right people around you. In India I met lovely people, got a second family and felt like home even there. It was hard to leave and say goodbye, but I did it already earlier when I left Hunsur and my Host Family. In Sadhana Forest I already felt like on my way home. But even there I started to feel like home among all the beautiful people. And then finally it was time to leave it all behind and come back to Finland. I'm so happy to be here. To meet all my friends and my boyfriend, to be with my family, to play the piano and do all the small things I used to do at home. I'm so full of energy and so motivated to do so many things! Let's see how long it lasts... ;)

I really don't know what to do with this blog. Or actually the question is that should I start a new one or not. I always thought that writing blog about yourself is quite narcissistic and self-centered, so even the India blog felt a bit weird in the beginning. I mean who do you think are interested in your life and your thoughts? But at least people could be interested in India, so there I had one reason to write. Maybe I find reasons good enough to write, maybe not. It has been a great pleasure,however, to write this India-blog and also to discover how many people have actually read it! (or looked at the pictures) Thank you all! :)


snow snow snow

cold cold cold

Last Goodbyes, my Indian Grandma!

Carly, my saviour. Without her I wouldn't be at home right now... (she copied my registration papers when I was panicing at the airport)

Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
This song I listened to with my volunteer friends in Hunsur and later we also sang it with Carly and Axelina in Sadhana on Open Stage.

Home on Open Stage


1 kommentti:

  1. Hej!

    En helt fantastisk blogg du skriver (eller jo, skrev)! Själv jobbade jag i en volontärklinik i södra Kolkata för en månad (institut hette det väl men indiensare brukar ju använda engelska ord på ett lite annorlunda sätt...) och har nu varit tillbaka i Finland några fem veckor. Det var jättetrevligt att läsa om dina erfarenheter och känslor för de var väldigt likadana som mina :) Jag sku gärna ha stannat där lite längre tid precis som du gjorde, men mina icke-flexibla studier inte möjliggör detta :/ Hoppas du haft en skön sommar för jag har varit helt yhtä hymyä efter min resa - och också under den förstås :D

    VastaaPoista