torstai 30. tammikuuta 2014

Reunited!

Yesterday my mum came. I had been so excited and had been looking so much forward to it. As I sat in the bus on my way to Mysore to meet her I went through so many different emotional experiences. Homesickness, joy, excitement, nostalgy, sorrow (because of leaving) and so on. At bus stand I first felt like a nerv-wrecked and wondered how I will react when I finally meet her. I had to wait for a while though, because I'd come too early, so I could calm down a little bit. We had some trouble finding each other, but when we finally met it was so natural and normal. Like she would have always been here with me. Nothing crazy or weird. Just totally natural that she was here now. It had been almost six months since I saw her the last time and so much had happened to me since then. So many experiences and thoughts and ways of seeing things. But when we met it was like we'd never been apart.

After having lunch at the bus stand restaurant (cold masala dosa and parotha) we headed for Hunsur. I had earlier booked a nice hotel for us in Mysore, but cancelled it when the Amma insisted on that my mother stays the night in the host family. Meeting of my to “ammas” was great! Two totally different women from different worlds with almost 20 years of age difference. Amma was so happy to meet my mum. They hugged many times and exchanged some words even though they don't even share a mutual language. Amma was so happy to have her here and it made her even happier when mum gave many compliments about the house and the food. But I also noticed that she was a bit sad when we were packing the suitcases. Soon I would leave the people and the house that had been my home for half a year.

Today our journey will begin. We'll take the bus to Trivandrum in South Kerala. Tomorrow we'll be sun bathing on Kovalam Beach! I've planned so much program for us, of which we won't have the time to do even a half...Backwater trips, beaches, hill stations, tea plantations, waterfalls, nature reserves and of course, the Lakshadweep islands (paradise islands). But we won't stress about all these things, we will only do the things that feels good in the moment. We don't have to see everything and nothing is a must (except the paradise islands to where we've already booked the flights etc.) So two and a half weeks we will be travelling around, after which mum flies home and I go to Sadhana Forest. We have to come by the host family once more to pick up mum's big suitcase with all my Indian souvenirs...(19 kilos of my souvenirs + mums own stuff...)


If we have time and come by some internet I might update some pictures or short texts of our journey. If not, I will update after 3 weeks when I've arrived in Sadhana Forest. Looking so much to the next three weeks!

Amma and Mamma

Mamii



1 kommentti:

  1. Ihanaa ihanaa kun olette yhdessä ja saatte jakaa kaiken kokemanne ja näkemänne nyt ja tulevaisuudessakin. Voikaa hyvin! terkuin Kisu

    VastaaPoista